Portugal offers a favourable residency by investment program which offers Visa-Free Access to 170+ Countries.
|Total Area||92,212 km²|
Portugal forms part of the European Union (EU), and thanks to this, its citizenship and Golden Visa Program offers access to work, live and travel in Europe, in addition to making the most of the country’s top healthcare, education and consumer rights.
In addition to its EU membership, Portugal is also a member of the United Nations, OECD, NATO, Schengen Area and WTO.
The Portugal citizenship and Golden Visa program has been in effect since 2007 and is a legal naturalisation program based on the law that invites foreign investors from non-EU countries to obtain a valid residency permit in Portugal.
Portugal has a GDP per capita of USD 19,813 and a total GDP of USD 204.6 billion. Furthermore, Portugal also boasts 6 international airports with flights connecting you to all the major airports around the globe.
When it comes to climate, Portugal enjoys warm Mediterranean climate, with a mild wet season in winter. When it comes to trade, Portugal mainly trades with the EU, the US, Asia and Canada, but especially South America and Africa due to the country’s connections to its former colonies.
Investments eligible for the Portuguese Golden Visa
KSi Malta can help you with the following investment requirements:
- Property Acquisition: purchase a property worth at least EUR 500,000 or EUR 400,000 in low density areas. Otherwise the investment can be EUR 350,000 if it needs refurbishment
- Capital Contributions: Invest at least EUR 350,000 in an investment fund
- Business Creation: Create at least 10 new jobs and invest EUR350,000 as share capital of a company registered in Portugal.
Benefits of the Portuguese Golden Visa
- Portuguese passport within 5 years
- Low physical presence in Portugal required (only 7 days a year)
- Attractive taxation system
- Travel freely around the EU