KSi Malta assists with the registration, upkeep and maintenance of vessels and yachts under the Maltese Shipping Register, in collaboration with the Merchant Shipping Directorate.
Why should you register your vessel in Malta?
Malta has been viewed as a pillar of strength in the maritime industry and for this reason has sought to cultivate and equip it in the best of ways. It is also the largest register in Europe and 6th in the world.
The Maltese flag is not a flag of convenience but is well respected around the world. The registration of ships and yachts under the Maltese flag offers many advantages, including:
- Low company formation and vessel registration costs
- No restrictions on the nationality of the ship owner, captain, officers and crew
- Tax exemptions or minimal tax obligations
- Possibility of low VAT burden upon purchasing pleasure yachts
- Commercial vessel operations subject to effective corporate tax rates as low as 5%
KSi Malta is also a Registration Agent of Liberian Corporate and Ship Registry.
Moving your shipping business to Malta
Apart from the standard benefits that incorporating a company in Malta brings, such as beneficial tax schemes, moving a shipping business or setting up in Malta, it also provides additional benefits, such as having a specific corporate structure for Merchant Shipping Companies, which will benefit the holder, especially if the Company shall hold a vessel and in particular the Malta Tonnage Tax System.
At KSi Malta our specialized team of advisors can assist you in any of your requirements on conducting your business which include:
- Registration and maintenance of Merchant Shipping Companies and Ship Management Companies
- Assistance in commercial vessel registration
- Assistance in pleasure yacht registrations
- Drafting of employment Agreements for Crewmen
- Assistance with the application of resident schemes for highly qualified individuals
- Assistance with bareboat chartering registrations
- Ship Finance
- Drafting of legal documentation